Monday, April 17

Feelin' Stronger Every Day


Lend an Ear

Lots to catch up, but I'll start with the Sugar Prognosis. We went over 2 weeks without and it started out rough. By the 2nd week it was much much easier. I went to a birthday party last week and it didn't hurt to turn down the cake or ice cream. And the ice cream was fudge and brownie chunks! I helped cut the cake and got frosting on my fingers.....I didn't even lick them. This past Thursday morning I woke up to a smaller figure. It happened literally overnight. I had seen no outward signs that it was helping at all and then BOOM! I could fit my old pants again! The fast ended yesterday and I enjoyed my sugar. Reese's eggs, Sunday School donuts, Grandma's Lemon Cake, Punch....yes, I enjoyed it all. But today, I'm feeling it. Ugh, my gut is hurting. I went 2 weeks without any cramping or stomach discomfort of any kind. Not so sure the sugar is worth the brain fog, temper flares, or gut cramping. I don't think I want to go back to my old ways at all.

Wednesday, my wonderful MIL (have I ever mentioned how blessed I am in the MIL dept?) took my 3 older kiddos for 3 days of Camp Grandma. While they were gone, I went through all their stuff and had a huge yardsale. We got rid of enough stuff to make room for our van in the garage. Yeah! UPS man brought my Mary Kay order in during the sale and some women bought my extras out of the box and ordered more. My plan was to sell what I had and walk away, but it looks like I'm placing another order. Buy one, get one half price....anyone want to add to the order?

I lost a huge Easter Basket. Misty sent a wonderful package last week and I put it away until Eastery. Can't find it. It has to be here, right? Wrong. I've looked everywhere. How did I lose all that LOOT?!?

We had an awesome Easter yesterday. A true celebration of the resurrection of my Lord and Saviour. And it was wonderful to celebrate it with my family. I love my family. It was so fun to just sit back and watch them.

And now it's Monday. I have no menu plan for the week, no lesson plans for the week. It's almost 8:00 and I don't have a clue what I'm teaching (or feeding my) children this week. I need to make a trip to Springfield to pick up library books, but the gas and time aren't worth it. I need to decorate for VBS, clean our clothes, and scrub my bathroom. I think I will start with a cup of coffee and one more Reese's egg. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...