Friday, September 1

Reading Challenge

It is already beginning to feel like fall in these parts. It is wonderful. I'm psyching myself up for a nice cold winter. Seasonal Soundings is hosting a seasonal book challenge and I could use the motivation to start reading books for my own pleasure. This isn't a blog I check out very often. It is a wonderful blog, but it is so serene and beautiful and intellectual....I feel like a booger-picker with dog poop on the bottom of my shoes when I read it. I mean that as a compliment to the site. I would love to be that serene and beautiful and intellectual. Maybe someday. Until then....well, at least I didn't flash my ta-tas to the pest control guy, huh Andie?

I'll work on a book list later. For now, a link and the idea are plenty to make me feel like I accomplished something. I'm definitely open to suggestions. What books do you think I need to fit onto my list? Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jennie C. said...

Have you read The Kite Runner? Very good, a bit dark, and you'll come away with a sense of what it's like to live in Afghanistan.

I'm reading right now The Twelve Little Cakes, which I picked up off the cheap book table at Walmart. Delightful! It's the story of a little growing up in Communist Russian-occupied Czechoslovakia in the seventies and eighties. Again, you'll come away with a bit more understanding about what life is like for someone else.

Anonymous said...

The Kite Runner is good. I wasn't sure I'd like it but I'm so glad I read it.

I also loved Peace Like a River by Leif Unger (or is it Enger?) anyway, that was a Jennie C. suggestion, too. WOW. Excellent.

A Crack in the Track and The Big, Big Bridge are big hits here, and you could use them to pad your list. Go, Dog, Go (or Dog, Go, Dog, the translation Leo prefers) is a worthy read, also.

Anonymous said...

And, for the record, it was ONE ta-ta. One ta? No matter. Just one.

Anonymous said...

Sooo, what did you pick?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...