Sunday, November 19

Becoming the Woman I Want to Be - Introduction

Have you guys read the introduction yet? This is so me. I've got lots of great plans. Sat in on many a great lesson. Applied very little.

She used the words pursue, sought, and goals often. Our Wednesday night class at church has been discussing goals lately and it has been encouraging. Eye opening. I realized that I had lots of great dreams, but I was not putting forth any practical steps toward reaching them, so I couldn't honestly call them goals anymore. This morning, our Sunday School class was discussing the Proverb telling us to pursue righteousness. We discussed that the word pursue means "to chase with the intent to catch" and how foolish it would be to plan on chasing something without intending to catch it. I have been running around in la-la land without making specific goals or attempting to catch them. It's been more like "I'll just head off in this direction and hope that the goal comes to find me." It's not always that bad, but it's that bad often enough to make me not very effective. I'm excited to start this study tomorrow morning.

I didn't realize so many things were recommended to have on hand. If you don't have a mini-trampoline, you might want to try Freecycle. There are groups around the world. You just join the group nearest you and check out the website for items people are giving away, offer your own stuff to give away, or post a request for a specific item. I did this tonight, hoping to get a mini-trampoline soon. Sure seems like the kind of item someone would get tired of using and then get tired of taking up space, doesn't it?

I will do the study in the morning, but will be gone all day and not able to post until Monday evening. Please feel free to jump in and comment though! I am excited to hear how this goes for everyone. Let's spur each other on for the next 12 weeks, 'kay?

2 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I read the introduction and I'll alter things a bit to make it work for me. For instance, I'm not going to be fasting or dieting with baby on the way, and God bless all of you who give it up, but I like my morning coffee! Unpursued goals, though, I'm all over that one, too. And I need more exercise. While bouncing does not seem even remotely like a good idea, taking my kids for a walk after lunch does. Forcing a little time each day for thoughtful prayer, especially with Advent coming, is important to me, too.

I am looking forward to this. I've never had a group of women to share with and grow with and I love you all so much. Thanks for suggesting this, Jenn.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit the thought of pregnant Jennie bouncing had me giggling in the WalMart, where I bought a mini trampoline. $22.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...