Sunday, January 28

Banana Split Muffins

Have I shared this recipe already? No matter, it's worth sharing again. We buy extra bananas just so they can turn brown for this recipe. Andie, consider this my official entry ballot to the WTM board, I know I've shared it there before at some point.

Banana Split Muffins
1 1/2 c flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 egg
1/2 c Mayo
3 ripe bananas, mashed
6 oz chocolate chips

Mix it all together and pour into muffin cups. Bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Yields 18 muffins. The mini chocolate chips are best, but we never do that because those things are expensive. Also, we always double this recipe. I bought extra muffin tins at yard sales just for this recipe. These freeze well, but we consume them too fast to justify it. The last time I made this, I was short on bananas and replaced half of them with applesauce and it still worked great. I'd like to try replacing the mayo with applesauce next. It should work, but you never know. Replace half the white flour with wheat and you've got a healthy-ish snack.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can you email it to me, please? that way I won't forget.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...