Saturday, January 20

Forgive my prejudice

Remember how I said the author of the Unicorns Are Real book was deterring me from reading it? I knew you couldn't understand how serious this was until you saw the picture. I searched online and couldn't find it, so here's my attempt at photographing the back of a glossy book:



I'm not trying to be mean, but do you see what I'm talking about? It doesn't matter how good the material inside proves to be. I just can't get past this picture. It's wrong of me, I know. I shouldn't be so shallow.

How could I, of all people, choose to disregard potentially helpful advice because of an old photograph? Consider my past. I mean, who would have thought that the subject of this photo....




.....would evolve into the subject of this photo.....


I'm going to talk to myself now:
Oh, honey. What if people were to judge you by old photos? Would they think "Wow, she must have loads of insight into homeschooling and child rearing. I bet she's full of theologically sound advice." Or would they think "Wow, she looks like an anemic Weird Al." Hmmmm? Now get over your apparel-impaired self and stop judging books by their covers.


6 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey, Jen, I can't see the pictures. Forget this author whose book I've never heard of; I wanna see you lookining like an anemic Weird Al.

Jenn said...

Arrgh! I even previewed just to make sure this time! Oh,well. Is it fixed now?

Anonymous said...

I remember you used to love that checkered orange and yellow shirt!!!! Hee, hee, hee. Remember laying upside down and doing chin faces off that couch? If only we could rewind time.

Jennifer in MS said...

LOL!! I can understand your lack of desire to read the book! But what I cute little girl you were!

I enjoy reading your posts! You're so funny!

Miss Notesy said...

I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog tonight! You have CRACKED me up!!! I just blogged about you, come over and read it for LOL Monday.

Anonymous said...

ROFL! The pictures didn't show up last time I was here - Oh HOW. FUNNY.

There's a picture of the authors on the back of "The Napping House" that bothers me. Verrrrry dated.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...