Thursday, January 4

New Year's Resolution?

I've got so many things that have just got to be done this year that my list was a little overwhelming. Overwhelming but relieving at the same time to finally be resolved to complete some things. This morning, I had a lightbulb moment and can now sum my whole list up into one resolution: Live on purpose. I read a quote by St. Augustine that reads 'Love God and do whatever you want.' If you love God, you'll be seeking after the things He wants anyway. I think it was more a call to stop complicating things and just live for God, but what really stood out to me was the word "do". DO whatever you want. I want Godly things. I want to be a better mom, wife, sister, daughter, neighbor...you name it. Top on my list right now is to be an encourager to my husband and to teach my children wholeheartedly. What I'm realizing is that wanting Godly things is not DOING Godly things. Do what you want. Do it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...