Monday, February 19

Showers of Blessings!

Cool STUFF!!

I already posted about Latin for Children and how generous they have been to offer a free Latin Primer kit to us. How cool is that?

Then we filed our taxes and found out we were going to get back enough to completely get us out of debt. We've been working through the Dave Ramsey baby steps and it has made a huge difference. If we had not sat down to do the Total Money Makeover a few months ago, the bulk of this return would go toward catching us up in our regular bills, not applied toward our debt. But it is now! WooHoo!

Next, Chris called in to a radio show to answer a trivia question and won free movie tickets. It was a 'name that movie' question based on a line from a movie. The line was "Tina, you fat lard, come get your dinner!" Name the movie?

Last on my list of really cool stuff God has sent our way recently: I got a phone call last week from someone who goes to our church. He noticed that Chris' truck hadn't been parked in front of the house lately and was concerned that it might have finally died on us. It did indeed. He said that his dad had recently bought a new car and wanted to give away his old jeep. Would we be intereseted? Um, yes. Yes, we would. We now have 2 vehicles again!

Sorry I bailed on the 'Fess Up Friday....though I was hoping everyone would be relieved since it was Valentine's Day Weekend. Who wants to think of grimey corners and cabinets when there's a date night to be had?

I had homeschool group all day Friday and it was fun. We had a college student studying to be a nutritionist come in and do a presentation about healthy eating habits. She brought samples of smoothies, hummus, and pita bread. The kids loved it. We went roller skating and came home exhausted. But I caught a second wind when Chris told me he'd set up an overnighter at Grandpa and Grandma's house for the kiddos (sans Sarah) and we were going out to dinner and a movie! I stuffed myself on fajitas style quesadillas and then snuggled in to watch Pursuit of Happyness. Oops. Not a date movie. I was so tense. I was stressed out throughout the entire movie. My dinner did not set well. Whew! It was hard to watch, but it was an EXCELLENT movie. Not a date movie. Nope. Not at all. But it makes you sit back and say "wow!" afterwards.

We spent the next day getting our 'new' jeep. Honor got carsick and it was a very long drive. Once we picked it up, we took the kids to McDonalds to run around before packing them in again. We lingered a lonnnnng time in the playplace. I love playplaces. Gifts from God. Useful and entertaining. The highlight was when a fat kid got stuck climbing up to the slide. He had been up and down at least 10 times, but trip #11 apparently was too much for him. The poor guy hefted his upper half upon a ledge, but could not go any farther. He was afraid to go backwards because he couldn't see that the next ledge down was only 2 inches from his feet. For all he knew, it was 20 feet. He laid there and lackadaisically called, "Help. Help. Mom. Dad. Help." for quite some time. They didn't hear him until I flagged them down. None of the kids could help him and they couldn't fit around him either. It was a sad, but entertaining. Is that bad?

After leaving McDonalds, we rearranged kids and Chris installed a carseat in the new jeep.
This was truly the most entertaining part of my day. Doesn't it look like he's humping the carseat?
I promise he wasn't. See? He's very happy to be out of there.

Then I spent the next two hours with this view:
And this view:
And I thanked the Lord for Hyland's Motion Sickness Tablets.

5 comments:

Jennie C. said...

You've been having a good week! I'm so glad for you. You deserve it.

Christy said...

That is wonderful Jenn! You have inspired me to go read the Dave Ramsey book now...

I am so happy for your family, God is faithful :)

Jennifer in MS said...

What a blessing!!! We've been a one car family before and it's tough! Praise God that someone noticed that and GAVE you a 2nd vehicle! Wow!

Anonymous said...

Napoleon Dynamite! Do I win a Jeep? ;)

Gosh!

Anonymous said...

Everyone is commenting on how good God is and all I have to say is ROFLOL...fat kid getting stuck and Chris humping the seats? Too funny!

Caralyn :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...