Saturday, August 30

I'm sleepy

I'm a bit behind on everything at the moment.

We started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last week. We pretty much live paycheck to paycheck and always have, no matter how much money we've made. This is a HUGE change for us. But we've filled out the required budget form and are attempting to sell everything we own to complete phase one of the program: having $1000.00 in savings. We don't have a savings account in which to put it, but we are trying really hard to make it necessary. I have all of $30.00 to put in there now. Woo. Hoo.

At the same time, we are also realizing a deep need for simplicity and are seriously de-cluttering. But we are still in the....no, that's not true....I am still in the emotional, not-ready-to-let-go-stage. Tomorrow, we hit the garage and I'm hoping it is a huge jump-starter for me.

My homeschool group is about to begin and I have got to get my butt in gear and uphold my end of the arrangements. Where is my motivation in this?

We canned salsa. Yummy, yummy salsa.

We are in serious need of a more organized notebooking/storage/filing for the boys' schoolwork. I need to sit down and give it uninterrupted focus. Organizing is my thing. But I need uninterrupted time and I need a smidgen of energy in order for the organization muse to strike.

Which means....all right already! I'll go to bed by 10:00!

Starting tomorrow night.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

*snort* YEAH me too! (go to bed by 10, starting tomorrow ;) hehe)

So you'll have to tell how the Dave Ramsey thing goes. I love Dave Ramsey. I think he has fabulous ideas.

Did you pay for it or something?

I have NO PROBLEMS decluttering. After seeing all the junk and having to go through all the junk from three estates, I went through mine too. I do NOT want my kids to have to go through what we've had to go through with all the STUFF. UGH.

:)

(btw, I am still excited you picked me. *giggles*)

Jennie C. said...

May I just say congratulations? It's a big step to take, ending your debt, taking up a new, fiscally responsible life, and I'm proud of you for doing it! And you know what? $30 is a whole lot better than nothing. You have to start somewhere.

Miss Notesy said...

Good for you!!!! Dave is awesome. My girlfriend has been following him for a few months and it's been life changing for them:

http://aprildphillips.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...