Wednesday, December 24

Christmas Eve Overheard

Sarah: (while driving around looking at lights) "Look! There's a green candy-can. Candy cans are opposed to be red."

Her siblings keep trying to correct her..."it's candy CANE!" and "you mean SU-ppose" but I keep shushing them. This might be the last year I have these precious mispronunciations and I LOVE them.

Who am I kidding? My 11 year old still says screamish instead of skirmish. It came up during soccer season. We did try to convince him, but Mr. Know-it-all didn't believe us.

One last "overheard":

Monday morning, waking up after an evening at church for a Christmas service, Honor had a 'serious' talk with Chris, saying "This Santa thing getting to be a problem...even Brother Gene believes in him!"

I hope you all have a very merry Christmas. I'm supposed to turn in a review post tonight, but I can't bring myself to do it. It's written, but the timing is all wrong. Tonight's the night for remembering miracles and looking forward to more....for recalling His coming and eagerly anticipating His next.

O come Thou Dayspring, come and cheer, and guide us by Thine Advent here.

3 comments:

wedogmomma said...

:D
Merry Christmas to all and to all a God night!

Unknown said...

I loved this!
It made me laugh; and oh, I love to laugh!!!

My daughter told me a couple of weeks ago that she KNEW she didn't have 'Shrek Throat'. And it is that same sweet girl (my only one), that calls 'stockings', 'sockets'. Oh, I love it so much that now I call them 'sockets', too. Truth be known I think I will from now on.
So glad that we're blog 'sisters'!

Happy Holydays,
Melissa

Anonymous said...

I remember a little girl with her own mis-pronouncings, Skagbetty and Mazagine.

Have a Verrrry Merrrrry CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
Don't we have an Awesome God!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...