Friday, December 26

Christmas pictures

Day before, we made treats for neighbors. Can you guess who sprinkled that pretzel in the lower left corner?

My favorite part of them morning was Gracie opening her stocking. Every item that came out elicited a huge gasp. The first item was a tooth brush. GASP! A TOOTHBRUSH! I GOT A TOOTHBRUSH! LOOK AT MY TOOTHBRUSH! The second item was a pez dispenser. GASP!
ONE OF DEEZ! I'VE ALWAYS WANTED ONE OF DEEZ! She was so excited about everything she saw. It was beautiful.

They all had fun.....even the dog.

Honor's main gift was an art kit that I sewed up in true procrastination style the two days before Christmas. It holds her sketchbook and markers or colored pencils. She opened it and IMMEDIATELY sat down to draw. I was so relieved that she liked it!

The boys received bow and arrow sets. They were able to try their hand at it with a helpful older cousin after lunch.

We saved this one for last....we hid it behind a curtain behind the tree. Chris and I are usually pretty good at not peeking, but we were arguing over what my parents in Hawaii had sent and ended up pulling up the tape to see who won. I'm glad we ruined our own surprise though. We were able to request Wii accessories from my other set of parents and the kids have been playing ever since.

Honor received a cheerleader costume and has been cheering the boys' wii tennis games. Hilarious!



Out of every present the kids received, the goop was the favorite of all. It was in Joel's stocking and nothing has been played with as much as this stuff. It makes, err, noises when you press it into it's canister, earning it the name "pooter putty". All have enjoyed it. Even the older cousins.


Oh! Here are the early morning shots that will embarrass them later:



How was your Christmas?

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Ginger said...

Your kids are just tooooo stinkin' cute! Love the rag curls - and the early morning shots. Is there really a pretzel under there? Yes, the little ones are so precious - Just what I've always wanted!!! 'course they don't have a clue what it is - but they've always wanted it.

Shanna said...

I used to sleep in the sponge rollers when I was little, but haven't been able to find them since I had girls of my own. Are the rag curls in the front something you made, or did you buy them somewhere??

Gavin got a wii from my parents on his 8th birthday this past Thanksgiving. Everyone here is loving it and believe it or not, I am the wii master! :o) I have yet to be beat in Mario cart or any of the wii play games. I think the wii sport games are horribly boring, but I have knocked out Chad a couple of times which was quite fun...I have to admit, he beat me at tennis though.

Jennie C. said...

Our Christmas was just perfect, thank you for asking. The first good holiday we've had since the end of a certain deployment. Even if we did spend the afternoon on the roof trying to patch the skylight so today's rain wouldn't come in. Okay, so I didn't go up on the roof. I mean, I'm eight months pregnant, and it's slippery metal. No, I stood on the ground and supervised and made jokes about his imminent demise. It's all good. :-)

I'm glad you had a merry one, too. But Honor looks too grown up with those curls in her hair.

Jenn said...

Ginger, I feel the exact same way about your kiddos! The curlers were something I found at a yardsale a few years back, but get this....they are basically made of those titanium twist ties that refuse to release the kids' new Christmas toys from their boxes after they've been unwrapped. So if your living room floor is covered with them like mine is, wrap them with some cotton and then sew a little flannel fabric over it.

Shanna, that wii master part sounds like a challenge! I have a competitive streak!

Jennie, I am SO GLAD you had a good Christmas! I'm glad you weren't on the roof - lol - and I can just imagine your kind encouragement to your hubby. :D Can't wait to see your pics!

Jenni said...

I love the photos of the girls with their hair all done up in rag rollers too! Too cute!

Christy said...

THat is so cute!!! I love the rags in the hair-priceless!!

Anonymous said...

cool blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...