Tuesday, January 27

Snow Day

We started the day with a leisurely breakfast of Blueberry Pillows. Yummmmmmm.

This picture is just after Sarah said, "Ooh! Can we eat outside?"

"Ah, no."

The view outside. And it's still coming down.

We skipped school and headed outside for some fun.

Sarah loved it.
(See the blueberry on her coat and face?)


The funny part is that none of this is snow. It's all ice. We're calling it sleet, but the sleet I've known has always been a bit more wet. This is falling soft and dry just like snow, but they aren't flakes. They're round balls of ice. The texture underfoot is so cool! It's like walking on slimy packing styrofoam pellets. Not that I'd know what that feels like.....

I love that tongue!

I freaked Ethan out with my purple fingers. He was afraid I was developing hypothermia. No, my dry skin just stains badly when I use my fingers to make Blueberry pillows instead of a spoon like respectable people.

When Honor went from this (above) to this (below).....

...I knew it was time to go in and make cocoa.

It's been a cocoa drinking, book reading, lounging and loafing kind of snow day.

And, can I just say, if you're wearing a bra today, you're on the wrong track.


Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I love snow days!

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

I love snow days, and I love "no bra" days!

Jenni said...

Ahem! Where's the recipe for the blueberry pillows? I have no idea what they are, other than covered in powdered sugar, but they sound delicious.

Anonymous said...

LOL about the bra!! I just put mine on because the little guy I am babysitting's mom has to pick him up, and I don't wanna subject her to nothin gross ;) haha

Shanna said...

Cute pictures! I'm getting ready to post my snow pictures too. Our snow was really dry and wouldn't pack together...it reminded me of sand.

*sigh* Oh, how I long for the pre-nursing, bra-less days...

wedogmomma said...

Um it's 61 degrees here....can you pack me some sleet and ship it on out to Cali?

Luke Holzmann said...

My figures turn purple when I get cold. Not quite "stained with blueberries" purple... but purple enough [smile].

And, that last picture is just adorable. [sigh] I want my kids...

~Luke

Christy said...

We have a snow day as well-but no snow LOL

Michael McMullen said...

I've been on the wrong track all day...maybe that's my problem.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...