Friday, August 6
I won! I won!
Jesse, over at Orange Marmalade Mama, listed me as "A Blog With Substance." (no wisecracks, people, I'm chalk fulllll of substance...or something like that.)
The rules for the Blog with a Substance Award...
1) Sum up your blogging philosophy in 5 words!
Five words? hmmmm.....
1. Honest. The down-right nekkid kind of honest would be my favorite kind.
2. Uh...I'm running out of words already. How about distracted? Easily distracted.
4. Sincere. I'm not sure I always hit it. I hope I do. But if I had to write a philosophy, I'd say writers should write what they feel, with thought to honest representation of those feelings and not about impressing or entertaining a reader. It totally rings my bell when someone likes what I've written, but the only person I usually think about actually reading this is my husband...and I love to make him laugh.
5. Lazy. I'm not a very dedicated blogger. When it strikes my fancy is my general timetable.
That wasn't the easiest instruction to follow for a blog award. These things are always painful for me. I propose a new rule....describe the giver of the award in 5 words. It's always easier to talk about someone else. ;-)
So, Jesse, I would describe your blog as serene, fun, loving, informative, and down-right sweet.
2)Pass the award to five others:
*Two oldies you've heard me mention:
Michael: dripping with substance and sarcasm. Two of my favorite things! And doesn't he need a frilly blog award on his sidebar?
Jenni: thoughtful photos, interesting music, deep thinking, family centered.
*Three new (to me) bloggers:
Kari: wow. beautiful, nekkid honesty.
Heidi: Ah, Heidi. Why don't you live closer?
Amanda: The name of the blog is The Enabler and Her Codependents. Need I say more?
T.J.: Calypso music and a pirate birthday cake right on the front page. Sub. Stance. Very fun.