Monday, February 28

In a cluttered room without curtains

First, let me start with an apology for the condition of these pictures.  My camera is on its last leg.  I'm not sure what's happened, but it refuses to focus.  Also, apparently, I have smut all over the lens.  I have no idea how that happened either.


It has been two weeks since I last posted, but many posts have been running through my head.  Few were fit for public consumption, but even if they were, I was too busy.  

Here is a part of what we've been doing:



Furniture out, carpets gone, clutter disappearing.  

Since this picture, we have textured the walls.  Today, we paint.  We haven't picked the exact shade, but it will be something similar to this:

I'm seriously considering bringing a stick of butter with me to the paint store.  Creamy yellow, not too bright, not too pale.  

Once we've painted, we start installing the flooring.

Here is our living room two weeks ago:


The kids studied the Tabernacle and designed it with couch cushions and sheets.  Poor Doyle, the sheep, was an impromptu sacrifice.

So far, the only pieces of furniture going back in this room are these couches and the coffee table.  I would like to incorporate some red here somewhere.  Ideas?

(couch photo. ignore the musket crammed in the cushions)

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Throws and pillows are always a good place to begin with accents. Yep..red would pop with the color scheme you've chosen.

God bless and enjoy creating girl!!!

Jenni said...

Mmmm...buttah! Also, I can't read your post title without singing it. Please tell me that was your intention. Pop music is the clutter in my mental living room, but I love it so.

I was really hoping you'd have a finished post. I've been scouring the web whenever I have time and energy (hence no posts) for ideas for our family room. Danny rejected the Polyvore set you saw and I'm at a total loss. One thing I'm sure of: there must be red. That room is in serious need of color, and red feels right.

I can't wait to see your finished project!

Cousin Carrie said...

Wouldn't it be neat if we could have a home project happen like on a reality tv show. You work on it for a day and its done. I know you'll feel so relieved and happy once it's done! I know I did upon completion of our recent home renovation project. What an accomplished feeling!

As for Red. I say YES - dabs of it here and there. Large red floral pillows with a black background. I just bought a dress with that fabric and I love it. I may look like a pillow wearing it, but I love the fabric all the same.

granny janny said...

I'm sure the finished product will be great. Can't wait for pictures.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...