Tuesday, March 22

I miss my cream cheese drawer

It's not that cream cheese is out.  I'm a big believer in the beauty of fat.  It's the things i like to combine with my cream cheese.  Well, okay, I'll combine ANYTHING with cream cheese, but my standby quick-grabs.

That there? That was lunch a few weeks ago.  Wheat and sugar.  I know, I know.  Ryvita makes a wheat free cracker.  I'll hunt it down one of these days.  And the jam....yes, I'll figure out how to make it sugar free.  But my house is in chaos at the moment and the words "from scratch" make me long for the peace and calm of a looney bin.

I'm still working on figuring out the eating thing.  These are the books that have influenced me the most on understanding and recognizing what real food is and what a healthy diet, as God intended really looks like.






The wheat thing is definitely an issue for my body.  It's not a bad food for everyone, but I just can't handle it properly.  I already mentioned how much weight I lost with the raw foods detox.  I didn't mention that within  a week of healthy eating afterwards, I gained 5 lbs.  That is a week of HEALTHY eating and working out every morning.  Talk about discouraging!  But one of my healthy staples was whole wheat.  Crackers, pastas, breads...all wholesome and sugar-free, but still wheat.  So, much as I love it, gluten and are officially off.  Two days off and I've lost 3 lbs.  I know, I know.  I need to avoid the scale.  But it's stationed right beside the gym door on my way out.  It's a compulsion.

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

It's not cream cheese I can't live without...it's my chocolate!!! I do believe you'd be puttin' your old MIL six feet under if I didn't have my little fix every now and again! Heeehehe!!!

God bless and have a marvelous day sweetie!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...