Wednesday, December 12

Trimming the tree



 Every year, we decorate for Christmas the day after Thanksgiving. I usually do the black Friday shopping thing while the menfolk carry down the boxes of decorations. Then, we gather together with food and music to begin the tradition of decorating the tree.

This year, I didn't do black Friday shopping and we waited until Advent to begin decorating. We decided to walk through the woods and chop down our own tree. The smell is amazing. But be warned: apparently cedars have nasty thorns.

We started with a visit to the Christmas parade and scored a bowl full of candy, which we added to our spread. I decorated the tree with lights (using thick gloves) and the kids added the rest of the decorations. I'm amazed every year that they can remember whose turn it is to put the star on top.


This year, adding the star proved problematic. Cedars aren't the most sturdy of trees. The menfolk stared at it for quite a while before opting for a dowel rod and paper binding clamps.

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Sweet tree!!!

Seemed like each and every tree hunt threw my parents into WW3. As a youngen I took out through the wood with a little ax a hacked down a Christmas tree to avoid that yearly knock down drag out.

I chopped like Honest Abe with my little hatchet 'till I downed a suitable nine year old's tree. Glory to goodness if the dang thing wasn't so large we could barely tug in though the door frame.

I remember Daddy cuttin' the bottom off so we could stand it up in the living room. Not only was I proud of myself, the war was not celebrated that year. Heeehehehe!

God bless and great job on the play!!!

Hope your restin' hard today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...