Monday, February 25

The Liebster Award

The fabulous Kym from Homeschool Coffee Break has shared a Liebster with me, an award given to

bloggers who have great content but not too many people may have heard of them yet; it is only given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. "Liebster" is German for favorite, and the award is presented by a fellow blogger as a sort of pat on the back "you've got a great thing started" type of award.'

Sadly, I started this puppy years ago. I just haven't invested the time or energy into trying to do anything great with it. I enjoy splurting out my thoughts, sharing pictures of the family, and dishing about books though, so I guess it's a perfect fit for me.


Liebster rules require sharing:
1. List 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions posed to you
3. Ask 11 questions
4. Give to 11 bloggers
5. Thank the giver, with a link back. 

My 11 facts:
1. I read too much.
2. I am not a good housekeeper
3. I LOVE wool socks. I own one pair and it's not enough.
4. I love knitting. I need to knit myself some wool socks!!
5. I am terrible at keeping up with people I love.
6. I'm a home-body, hobbit-type and very content.
7. I take too much for granted and forget to savour. 
8. I love packages. I recently purchased a few ebay items and every time the doorbell rings, I get giddy.
9. I find 11 facts about myself to be quite boring and am worrying that readers might think the same thing.
10. I worry a bit too much.
11. I am irrationally proud of myself for making it all the way to 11.

11 questions:

  • Why did you start your blog?
  • I had young kids and more words than they wanted to hear. I needed to feel creative and I needed to whine chat with others. I wanted to share updates of the kids with relatives.


  • What is your favorite thing about homeschooling?
  • Time with kids. I can't imagine sending them to school, bringing them home with all of us exhausted, starting dinner, starting homework, starting baths....all during the grumpiest hours of the day and then having to send them to bed. I love spending time on the couch, cuddling up and reading with them every day. 


  • What was your favorite subject when you were in school? (And is it still your favorite?)
  • I loved Chemistry because I had a fabulous teacher, Mrs. Peterson, who made the subject come to life. I loved English and History because I love stories. I love words. And I had a fabulous teacher: Mr. Top.



  • Who or what inspires you?
  • Moms, doing their thing. Sweet smiles, determination, patience, wisdom. I spent a lot of time with moms my own age when I was younger and my kids were younger. We were all exhausted and whiny and wanting "ME" time. Now, I stop and see real moms, moms that know that "me" time is not what we signed on for when we signed up for motherhood, and I wish I could go back and do things over again. I am inspired to do it better with the days I have left with these babies.



  • What makes you laugh?
  • Everything. I probably need to grow up.



  • Where did you go on your best vacation ever?
  • Home. I love road trips and time with the family (and visiting family,) but snow days, with all of us huddling together and playing games, reading books, eating too much...those are the best days.



  • Do you play a musical instrument?
  • I played flute and piano back in school. I rarely practice either anymore. I'm missing the piano though. I wasn't really any good, but it is great for getting out emotions. The only time I play anymore is when I have massive PMS.



  • What is something you'd still like to learn? An instrument, a craft or hobby, a new language...
  • I am trying to learn how to knit more. I knitted my first baby sweater recently and now I'm working on a sweater for my 2-year-old niece. I'm hoping to eventually be able to knit a grown up sweater.  The kids helped me shop online for yarn and they've decided the whole family needs to learn how to raise sheep and shear their wool to sell online. Yikes! That stuff is steep!


  • What is your favorite food?
  • Food. I'm pretty much a fan of food.



  • What is your favorite holiday or season?
  • Thanksgiving. I love the fall weather. I love the extra time with family. I love the gentleness of days before the busy-ness of Christmas begins. I love the crackle in the air of promise of things to come. I love the food. 



  • What's the funniest thing your kid(s) did or said recently?
  • It is non-stop around here. At the time of this writing, it was probably Honor's "Your Mum" joke, but I'm post-dating this post, so who knows what they'll do that tickles me between now and the time of publishing. 

    I'm supposed to pass this on to others, but I don't know of many anymore! Isn't that terrible? I'm not a very good 'community member'.  I rarely read blogs anymore, but Kym's is one that I enjoy. I hope it's not it's not cheating, but I'm listing her because I love reading her stuff. And, I'm a cheater.

    11 Bloggers:
    Homeschool Coffee Break (Kym, I'd just love to hear your answers to these questions!)







    Photobucket

    Learning at His Feet

    Photobucket

    Sage Parnassus

    11 Questions:
    1. How many kiddos? How many grade levels?
    2. Latest life lesson? You know...those deep talks when you think, you hope, this time they GOT it!
    3. What do you feed them for lunch?
    4. How do you manage to feed them and teach them and get anything done? 
    5. What is a recent favourite read-aloud?
    6. Coffee black or cream or sugar or cream & sugar?
    7. Cake or Pie? 
    8. What is a recent read that has been speaking to you and helping you grow?
    9. What is a recent read that you've just plain-old enjoyed?
    10. What is the one subject you just never seem to get around to doing enough of?
    11. Who do you look to as an inspiration to be the best mom you can be? 


    2 comments:

    Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

    Take yourself a bow beautiful gal and enjoy the spotlight!

    You rock!!!

    :o)

    Anonymous said...

    Does this mean I need to do this now? Answer all these questions and such?

    P.S. You are perfect the way you are :) That's why I love you so.

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...