Wednesday, July 3

What is this??



This pesky critter has been in my garden for several weeks, but it has contained itself to a few strange thorny weeds. Those weeds are another What Is It question for another day. A few days ago, these pests attacked my potato leaves. I have never seen them before in my life. Can you identify them for me?



They flick off rather easily. They tend to curl into a ball like rolly-polly bugs (that's not their real name, is it?) if you poke them. They squish very easily, but with a squirty POP if they are full sized.



Please tell me if you know anything about these nasty critters or how to eradicate them. 

1 comment:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

'Looks like a Bean Leaf Beetle.

Here's a link...see what you think.

http://insects.about.com/od/insectpests/ig/12-Worst-Veggie-Garden-Pests/Bean-Leaf-Beetle.htm

Good luck darlin'!!!



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...