Wednesday, March 15

Cats

 
Last night, the boys heard a cat in their bedroom and refused to go in. Turns out, a cat got under the house and for some reason, it thought it was stuck under their heater vent. The boys made a pallet in the living room around 9:00....just before the cat finally got quiet. I crawled into bed around 10:00. At 10:05, the cat desperately decided it was stuck again. It wailed and wailed and wailed. It was not merely a cat-in-heat kind of wail, which would have been bad enough. This cat was rapidly meowing and each meow had a raspiness to it, like a child with asthma. And the end of each meow went up the scale, almost like hiccups at the end of a spoken word. It went on and on and on.... I tried every which way to sleep through it. I got grumpier and grumpier. I was looking very similar to that picture of Ted Nugent up there. Finally, around 11:30, it occurred to me to pray about it. "Lord, you know how desperately I need sleep. I don't want to be a grumpy woman tomorrow. Please make that cat be qu-" It stopped. Instantly. Only 15 minutes before my husband came home. He missed it.

Now WHY didn't I think to pray about that silly cat sooner? God cares about the tiniest details of my life. It saddens me that I didn't bring it to God sooner. I think it must sadden Him as well when we approach Him as a last resort. But I know He forgave me because He put an Original Stewart's Orange 'n Cream Fountain Classic in my fridge this morning. Well, maybe it was my husband leaving me a surprise to wake up to when he was already gone, fishing. But God gave me that wonderful husband! Posted by Picasa

Lend an ear

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...