Thursday, July 13

a blog about music

I found a new favorite radio station. On my way home from Springfield, the talk radio show I had discovered earlier in the day had turned into Southern Gospel so I set to flipping channels. Mid-scan, I heard....could it be?....is it?...it IS!..."Do a little dance, make a little love, get down tonight!" Yes! 95.5 playing the perfect combination of classic songs from the 70's and 80's. Yes, 80's music is now classic rock. The music I listened to as a child is now "classic". Oh, who am I kidding? As a child, I listened to showtunes. But now I appreciate the sounds of the '80's. I was too young to appreciate it the first time around. When I was a teenager, the only '80's songs to be found were on "Soft Rock" stations. Do they still have those? Old people's '80's music and classic '80's music are two different things. No Crocodile Rock on 95.5. It turned to fuzz when I hit Whetstone Hill (where all good radio stations go to die) and came back playing a country station when I was done, so I can't vouch for the station this side of the hill, but if you find your way hankerin' for some Magic Carpet Ride or ZZTop on the way to the mall, now you know where to turn. (if you live in my neck of the woods)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...