Thursday, July 13

a blog about stress

I am not a stressful person, but I have been so TENSE lately. It's not the lack of sleep (It's been 3 years since I slept through the night.) It's not the finances (dh laid off in 2 weeks!) It's not the demands of a homeschooling mom to 4 kiddos (wow I have an awesome family.) It's not the information overload (knowledge is power, but it stinks when it makes you realize you've been doing everything from discipline to menu planning ALL WRONG.)

Wanna know what it is?

It's the tiny pieces of plastic that fall off of the Wal-mart bags. No, it's the tiny pieces of scrambled eggs that find their way under the kitchen table. Wait, no, it's the Playmobil daggers! The hair clippies? The lentils from the "bean box"? The pebbles carried in by our shoes? The dice? The magnets?

It's THIS:



For the record, I vacuum at least once a day. She has taught me a whole new level of housecleaning. But we cannot keep things out of her mouth. She will brush the carpet with her little fingers to scrape up carpet fuzz...if nothing else is in reach. And just because you don't see something in reach, doesn't mean it isn't there. Around these parts, you will constantly hear "where did your sister go?" "Where did your penny go?" "what's in her mouth?" My head whips around 200 times a day to see what she might be choking on next. I'm TENSE, I tell ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome! You'll recognize us at the meetings - we all twitch constantly and will, for no obvious reason, grab you by your forehead, throw your head back and perform a finger sweep of your mouth if we think we "see" something in there.

Lillian said...

ROFL!!!
I didn't know there were meetings!! I pinch noses to force them to come up for air so I can do a sweep! My 9 month old has figured out that I don't vacuum under the sofa and spends all her free time on her belly searching for stuff underneath the sofa!

Although I admit I've gotten lazy now that she's #5. I'll let her keep the cheerioes and crackers if they're from the same day. Gotta reward that perserverance.

Meetings! LOL!

Jenn said...

Oh, y'all crack me up! That had me literally laughing out loud. Too funny. Too true.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...