Thursday, July 13

a blog about shopping

I went to the big 20% off all-teacher-supplies at Mardel today. Wow!

I have been drooling over Cindy Wiggers' "Trail Guide" geography book for 3 years now. I have never seen this book on sale nor used. It was 75% off before the 20% off sale!

I found a great Astronomy book (we're starting this in August and I was going to piece things together, but this is much better than anything I could come up with. "Exploring Creation with Astronomy" by Apologia Educational Ministries, Inc.

I found a family devotional for our morning circle times. We've been reading "My Utmost for His Highest," but it was kind of hard to bring down to their level. This one is called "Sticky Situations, 365 devotions for kids and families" and it focuses on "making good choices." (Do you hear Sean Penn saying "excellent choice" in your head right now?)

I bought a calendar with the kschischty stick-on numbers with a different picture for every month. Next month gets book-shaped numbers. September gets apples. October is pumpkins....you get it. It's cheesy, I know, but my kids eat this stuff up. It is so not my thing, but I figure an innocent wall-calendar is a safe compromise.

Ethan got a chapter book by Bill Myers. Has anyone heard anything about the Wally McDoogle series? He's got book one, entitled My Life as a Smashed Burrito. I'll preview it, but I would be thrilled if it could be a fun, innocent series for him to get into. Anyone already know? Wanna save me the read?

I bought "the God Chaser's" for me. It was on sale for $3! I've wanted to read this one for a while. From the back: "I must warn you, this is a dangerous book. If you are comfortable and complacent and want to stay that way, don't even open its pages!"

cool notebooks, great pens, and a few craft projects....good shopping.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...