Wednesday, October 4

See you in the funny papers



I've not been blogging, but I've not been talking out loud either...I've been reading! Yesterday, I skipped bathing to finish up the T.L.Hines book: Waking Lazarus. Good book. I like to keep guessing to the end. I did figure out who one character was (Kristina) but the rest kept me guessing till the end.

The first line of the book starts out: "The first time Jude Allman died, he was eight years old."

Hooked.

I don't have time to invest in a book I don't enjoy and it helps if it hooks me from the beginning.

Chapter 4: "The second time Jude Allman died, he took a friend with him."

I stayed in my pajamas all day. I cooked for the fam, but that was it.

Chapter 15: "The third death started uneventfully enough."

My Mother in Law came over around 1:00. I was unbathed, in my pajamas, and sitting next to two days worth of unfolded laundry. She didn't even raise an eyebrow. I love that woman.

This is why I don't read much anymore. I cannot read responsibly. It's all or nothing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can kill two birds with one stone by reading in the bathtub. Fill with bubbles, have water nearby, and read away. By the time the water is cold, you're probably clean enough and you've probably read a hundred pages or so.

Anonymous said...

What I saw Jenn, were four healthy happy grandchildren. A son with a happy family and a daughter who looked relaxed. Love you too.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful MIL!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...