Monday, January 29

Be all that you can be

See how it looks like there are crusted on layers of cocoa?

There are.

This cup has helped me through this day. Sarah's fever broke at 4:00 a.m. I got my first glimpse of sleep then. She woke to eat 5:00, 6:00, and 7:00. Then she was up for good at 7:30.

We've got a great cocoa mix recipe that makes a really rich cup of cocoa, but that's not cocoa in that cup. I replaced the water with strong coffee each time I replenished my cup. I replenished a lot. It didn't feel like a lot. I kept going for a swig and then saying "No way! Did I drink that whole cup already?" I am severely dehydrated and I keep laughing sharply for no apparent reason, but my eyes are open and we're all still alive.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH OH I want to know the great cocoa recipe! We drink walmart out of hot chocolate during the winter.

Jeannie from MO

Christy said...

I am so sorry! I hope you are able to sleep tonight!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jenn...I hope you get some sleep. Assuming, of course, that you're decaf'd by then. :)


hillbillyhousewife.com has some cocoa mix recipes, anon... til Jenn posts hers!

Jennifer in MS said...

You poor thing! Thank God for caffeine, huh?
I hope you got better rest last night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...