Friday, February 2

'Fess Up Friday

How about a fun way to add to the Photo of the Day assignment? I was relieved that I was not the only one who didn't jive with Flylady. It felt good to get that off my chest. But you notice how I didn't show a "before" photo of that laundry room? Just the after. Come on, guys, let's all cross that barrier!

Come on and 'fess up: Show us what it looks like.......under your couch. It's a dark, scary place....especially if you have kids. And if you have toddlers, I believe Hazmat training is offered for those brave enough to take a peak under there. If you share a picture on your blog, sign up to add your link below. There will be a prize for the grungiest under-the-couch offered. It will probably be preschool related because to win, you most likely have a toddler AND a preschooler. If not, I'll find something else. Game ends Sunday night at 9:00 p.m. CST.

Here's mine:
Let me explain though, that the only reason it's not a dark, scary place is because we pull the couch out every couple weeks for a family movie night.


We scoot the couches together and turn them to face the t.v. so everyone in the family can cuddle up with a sleeping bag and watch. This week, we enjoyed Ice Age 2, which was hilarious.

Okay, come on....share your floor. Is it shining? Is it disgusting? Go see....who knows? You might find that missing remote or past due library book!

*If you want to share, but don't have a blog, feel free to email a picture to me and I can share it.
**I have too many pregnant women reading this....go make your husband or your kids move that couch - not you. Don't argue with me!

9 comments:

Jennie C. said...

I'll have to play at something else, like what's under the fridge or the stove! I move my couch regularly to fish out all the books that slide under there, and one of the kids is assigned to vacuuming under the cushions. I don't have any couch monsters!

Miss Notesy said...

Ha! You can't catch me!! :-) I just cleaned under my couch this week and man! it was a mess. :-)

What I should have done was taken a picture of our mudroom floor last night... after the mutt we are mutt-sitting pee'd on 2 pairs of my fashion boots. One pair I just bought a week ago!!!! SCREAM!

Jennie C. said...

Alright! I posted my sofa! It's got a big mess on it, though. ;-)

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Jenn,
I moved my couch and snapped some pictures, all while my 11 year old begged me not to put such a thing on my blog! LOL After my "mess" didn't show up so well in the pictures because of the variation in my carpet, I didn't post them (much to Katelyn's relief). It looked about like yours (I too have moved mine recently) but I did find one of Luke's toothbrushes and a dime! LOL

Jenn said...

So, Jennie, looks like you're gonna win. lol. Hmmm, want some pre-folds for a prize? lol!

What's with everyone and their clean couches? Perhaps I should have asked for under the cushions. Ewww. I'm afraid to stick my hand in mine. My toddler stashes candy (half-eaten) in the cushions.

Jennie C. said...

You've got to catch us a bit earlier in the week maybe. Perhaps announce a weekly spot on Monday, then we can take before photos, get it cleaned by Friday, and have a nice after photo, too? I run most of my errands on Friday, so most of my housework is done by Thursday, which doesn't mean the place is spic and span...it just means my couch is clean and ready for movie night! By monday, though, the place is a mess. Plenty of great before photos on Monday morning!

Anonymous said...

Better late than never?

This could be an effective new system. Clean like the inlaws are coming on Thursday night because you'll never know what Jenn's going to want a picture of next! :)

Jennie C. said...

I cleaned out my van this morning, just in case. I'm going to install the infant car seat now and wipe down all the hard surfaces, maybe vacuum the back. You gotta love a car that you can vacuum with an upright!

Shawn said...

I am the proud owner of an "IRobot" so I don't have a thing under my couch---not even a hairball...

Be jealous, very jealous.

Nice blog by the by---found you on someone elses or other.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...