Saturday, February 10

Sweet aroma of worship

Well, I just wrote a long old post with really deep thoughts, but inserting a picture somehow deleted half of it. Yeah, that would be the deep part. Summing it up because it's past my bedtime: I'm reading about the Israelites wandering in the desert and God giving instructions for worship and for the tabernacle and the priests clothing and it struck me this morning that while it took so much outward consecration to enter into the Holy of Holies, today WE have this privilige because Christ has consecrated our hearts and we have full access to God's presence.

Now, here's the half that didn't get deleted. Except the html links disappeared, so just go to youtube.com and search for shane and shane:

Tonight, I'm listening to Shane and Shane and meditating on the idea of my worship being a sweet aroma to the King. It's not just a background noise kind of music. It's the kind where you have to sit and read the lyrics and ponder them as you listen. It is so beautiful though. My home is a tabernacle tonight and I wish I could describe the sweet Presence infusing this house. The closest I can come is to share some music. My speakers won't play any music from the internet (yeah, that's right, my husband is a computer tech) so I can't vouch for the quality of these links. The first is Be Near by Shane & Shane. The second is a great song, but performed by someone else just trying their hand at it. I hope they don't stink. The song is Psalm 143 (Revive Me). All of their songs are written from scripture which makes them very different from most music styles, but it works. Here's one last link because it is one of my favorites - it's
The Answer.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Thanks for the links...I really like the song The Answer! It puts to words alot of things I have been feeling lately.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...