Sunday, April 22

10 things

I lost sleep over trying to think of "10 things" last night. Immediately, I know my husband is thinking that it's silly to let blogging interfere with my sleep. However, it's not the blogging, but the facing things that had me tossing and turning. So much so, that I'm not going to stay up late and share my 10 things tonight. Mwahahaha....you'll just have to wait till tomorrow night for that one. But reading Christy and Jennifer's posts really got me noticing how fickle my viewpoints can be.

I can vacillate from "God has seen me safely thus far" to "Where in tarnation is God in all this?!?" all within the span of 30 seconds. Can we say f-i-c-k-l-e? My faith has been passionate, my faith has been lost in the mire of confusion, my faith now....is real, but without passion. I want to love God passionately right now. I know He deserves all praise and all glory and every breath within me. I long to live and breath in Christ. And then the dryer stops and it's time to throw another load in.

Facing the 10 things that influenced me the most meant facing the fact that I am not living as if I've retained some of the lessons that should be on that list. I guess that's just another cool thing about God....He gives us lots more than 10 chances to learn stuff.

I somehow volunteered to babysit this week (I don't know how you do it Christy,) so my "10" list might come in bits and pieces. I know, I know, I don't have to make the list. It's not a blog thing. It's something that's gonna be good for me.

2 comments:

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Jenn,
I love to hear how God is speaking to people!!

I'm looking forward to reading your top 10!

Have a blessed day!

Pen of Jen said...

Jenn, Yesterday our sermon in church was on faith. The pastor went over even the apostles had times where they lacked faith, and they personally knew Jesus.
We live in times where so much focus is on other things, its not the dryer for me, but the kitchen dishes.
Just remember this that you can re-invigorate your faith by fellowshipping with like believers, and leaving your burdens with Jesus. He already paid the debt.
Have a wonderful week and I look forward to your list of 10!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...