Friday, August 1

The hills are alive

I'm gearing up for lesson plans and curriculum and going through the classic "And we're sure this is the best thing for our family, right?" second-guessing. I'm a disorganized Messy who really likes to be alone. I have the patience of a gnat. Homeschooling is obviously something God called me to. It is a good thing. I go back and revisit those convictions. I push around on them to make sure they are still current convictions, not residual convictions. This year, I'm standing on Galatians 6:9....And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. A promise from God to me. I will reap what I sow into my children.


While in the midst of my adventure (because it really is nothing less than a fun, exciting, and sometimes scary adventure,) I ran across a song from Todd the Family Man. If you haven't checked out his website, FamilyMan Ministries, you really must. The man is hilarious and real. He's a great encouragement, especially to homeschooling dads. Here's his song:

Favorite things about homeschooling . . . hmmm . . . favorite things . . . favorite things.


(Queue the music.)

School in my pjs and short simple school days

Hot steaming coffee and basking in sunrays

Children that miss out on lots of 'bad' things

These are a few of my favorite things


Oom pah pa . . . oom pah pa


Mountains of good books and time for their hobbies
Learning to be godly daddies and mommies

Chores and routines that help keep our house clean

These are a few of my favorite things


Babies and toddlers and growing teenagers
All in the same house without social dangers
Living and learning although the phone rings

These are a few of my favorite things


When the kids scream

When I am mean

When I'm feeling sad

I simply remember my favorite things
and then I don't feeeeeeelllll sooo baaaad.


The hills are alive with the sound of REALNESS!

Todd

1 comment:

Shanna said...

I'm in the midst of lesson planning as well and I'm running into all the same questions. Mostly I'm afraid of how we are going to accomplish it all. Great verse and cute song!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...