Tuesday, November 4

A shared fear

My fear lies in the lack of balance....I don't know how reliable electoral-votes.com is, but at the moment, it is reading Senate: Dem 56/GOP 38 & House Dem 253/GOP 181....Not to stereotype, but a majority of democrats are pro-abortion rights. I am in tears right now as I think of the policies that will not go through with such a democratic majority....policies that would protect all those babies......

McCain's speech was perfect. We will study that speech in our homeschooling. And Guiliani said something else very profound. He said that regardless of the outcome of the race, tomorrow we will all wake up and we will be Americans. We will support our president because he is OUR president, regardless of who he is. And if he goes down, we all go down.

So rather than despair, I will remember Daniel 2:21.....He changes times and seasons. He sets up kings and deposes them. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning. And then I will pray for my new president. He is not who I chose, but he is who WE chose.

And while, at the moment, I cannot join in the chanting of "Yes We Can!" I will faithfully remember yes, He can.


.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, and the incumbents who voted the stupid "let's ignore the constitution and charge the people 800 billion" bill through are all still there.

I wasn't worried til I saw the congressional results. :(

But honestly, I am not a worrier by nature.

I think that if the people who claim christ just remain faithful to christ, they will be fine. :)

RichandMarsha said...

God still sits on His throne - the results of this day didn't take Him by surprise. Prov 21:1

Jenn said...

Oh, I know. And honestly, it didn't take me by too big of a surprise either. But the democratic congress part DID catch me off-guard. I thought that surely after the bail-out mess, no one would.....ah, well. "He sets up kings and deposes them..." God is Sovereign. And hey, free healthcare. ;)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this post this morning. Our family has not turned on the television in a day now, so I did not see the results nor the McCain speech you reference. I agree, though. God is still on His throne. We can be at peace in that.
Michelle from the TOS Crew

Shanna said...

Amen.

Jenni said...

Yes, He can!

I Timothy 2:1&2:
I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, [and] giving of thanks, be made for all men;
For kings, and [for] all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.

Christy said...

you are right. I am so mad and so sick about everything that it is hard to even think about praying for Obama but you are still right. I have too and I will, and at the same time pray that my attitude of hatred towards him changes because I am just as wrong in feeling that way.

But my skin still crawls when I look at his slick grin.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...