Wednesday, December 17

Healthy find


I just discovered a new product. It's called Orrington's soup base. I have been avoiding chicken bouillon cubes thanks to it's MSG content, but found this Monday night and have tried it and loved it.

I found it at a local Discount Grocery store. It's an interesting place to shop. They purchase items in bulk and repackage them at incredible savings. They also sell salvaged items, which sounds scary at first, but hear me out. If a truck is in a wreck, regardless of the condition of it's cargo, the items on the truck cannot be sold through a regular grocery store. Discount stores get to bid on them. This store also has it's share of dented items that I stay away from due to a fear of a pesky little thing called botulism.

Anyway, I haven't found this in our local stores yet, but I'll keep searching. This has been an awesome replacement for our chicken bouillon. If you've stopped using bouillon, what have you switched to? Any recipes?

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I use Better than Bouillon and have no clue whether or not it has MSG. But I love it!

Christy said...

ooohh...I will have to look for that online. I stopped using bouillon as well.

Anonymous said...

I think it stinks they have to inject bad stuff into harmless foods. I am glad you found a healthy and yummy substitute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...