Thursday, January 8

On a lighter note

Is it bad that movie quotes invade even my prayer life?

Last night at church, our Youth Pastor was giving a very sincere closing prayer, mentioning our many blessings and a desire to appreciate more the Holy Word that we have available to us. In the prayer he thanked God for the plethora of bibles at our disposal.....and then he lost me. I cracked up like an 8th grade boy, though I was able to hide my childishness from those around me.

Afterward, I had to ask...."Roy, would you say I have a plethora of bibles?" Roy knows the movie well and was able to respond with the appropriate "I know that I, Jefe, I do not have your superior intellect and education...." He said, "I knew the moment it came out of my mouth.....only I thought it would be one of my sons."

Yes, his sons are middle school boys.

That would be me with the 8th grade sense of humor.

5 comments:

wedogmomma said...

Stinkin' Hilarious!
I haven't seen this in years....
it's now on my MUST view this month list ;)

Luke Holzmann said...

That would have got to me too [laughing].

Love it.

~Luke

Anonymous said...

We are so on the same wavelength. Seriously.

My kids and I watched this recently.(I was like you with that Nat'l Lampoon movie, I think it was... I forgot how much naughty stuff was in this movie til my kids watched it with me! LOL)

But it was just as hilarious as it used to be. We got a kick out of the part with the invisible guy. hehehe

Michael McMullen said...

I hear that movie. I gotta get me one of dem hats.

Michael McMullen said...

Heart. I heart that movie.

That is to say I like it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...