Wednesday, April 8

New Testament Activity Pak


If you know me well, you might think that title bothers me. I have very few pet peeves, but intentional misspelling is one of them. In this case, however, Pak is a play on its creator's name: Amy Pak of Home School in the Woods. The boys and I had already enjoyed the Time Travelers history study of The American Revolution, so I knew we would love the New Testament Activity Pak sent to us to review.

My boys are very hands-on learners, but they aren't into tedious busy work. Lapbooks, Learning Folders, Activity Paks...whatever you want to call them, walk a fine line between the two. If you haven't heard of lapbooking, do a google search and be amazed. It is a very fun way of recording and learning new studies. I've tried several different companies and Home School in the Woods is a favorite for lapbooks. Theirs are unique and attractive. I usually do a good deal of the cutting to cut down on my boys' frustration/boredom levels, but the boys enjoy putting it all together piece by piece and they really seem to retain the information they gather. Think of lapbooks as incredibly interactive data reports.


The New Testament Activity Pak is full of so much information, broken down piece by piece, and beautifully displayed. It comes with lapbook design and instructions, a Newspaper Project that lets students become reporters during the time of Jesus, and an Armor of God poster that can include a photo of your student dressed in the armor.

There are 15 different activities in this package and they include:
* The Lineage from David to Jesus
* The Birth of Jesus Christ
* Miracles of Jesus
* The Beatitudes
* Fruit of the Spirit
* The Parables of Jesus
* The Last Supper
* The Crucifixion
* The Resurrection
* The Ascension
* Pentecost
* Prophesies Fulfilled
* The Twelve Disciples
* Paul's Missionary Journeys
* Postcards from Paul





Each section is its own mini unit-study, several open to reveal a 3-dimensional display. They share the beauty and adventure found in the New Testament. My favorite lesson was the comparison of Old Testament prophecies fulfilled in Jesus Christ. It was probably the most simple of the sections to complete, just cutting out and matching up, but I love that my boys were able to SEE it so vividly.

The New Testament activity-pak is available as an instant download for $18.95. It is truly a joy to study and work through.

Amy Pak is a talented artist whose drawings beg to be carefully colored in with vibrant colored pencils. The drawings include shadows and shading, so even my not-so-careful boys end up with masterpieces in their lapbooks. Take a peek at some of her timeline figures:




You're itching to pull out the Prismacolors now, aren't you?

Everything I've seen from Homeschool in the Woods has been positively inspiring. The timeline figures are amazing. There are three different Activity Paks like the one we completed for this review. The Time Traveller History Studies go much deeper and provide resources for Notebooking as well as Lapbooking and more! At the very least, you have something impressive to show the grandparents...but there's so much more: a beautiful journey, a scrapbook of an exciting history lesson come to life.

1 comment:

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

When you said you cut things to cut down on the boring, tedious stuff for your boys, I had to giggle....Jacob's the same way. Seriously, though, I really like the look of these lapbooks. Which reminds me, I really need to get on my application for the CREW. Hope you are doing better....does not sound fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...