Monday, June 22

lazy days of summer

I'm in lazy blogger mode. This hits periodically, doesn't it? Sorry about that. I seem to have expounded all of my creative energy by lunchtime and have nothing left after the kids go to bed. Chris and I went on a float trip a week ago and I was able to totally relax and let my mind just wander. It was bliss. Generally, we like exciting canoe trips, but this time, we opted for VERY leisurely. I leaned back and watched the tree branches overhead, listening to birds and frogs and had about two dozen blog posts come to mind and practically type themselves in my head. Of course, the moment I got home, they instantly vanished. Can't find a single one of them. Perhaps I left them on the river. I should go back.

We wrapped up VBS last week, play practice is going strong at 5 days a week, we're cramming history lessons so that we can finish this school year. I'm researching future history lessons so we can begin the next school year. I'm reading lots. I'm crocheting a baby blanket. This is a new skill that I was not born to do. Definitely NOT a natural talent. But every stitch is a stitch of love.....

I'm restless. I need to wrap up a few things....with a good sturdy knot. I need closure on these projects so I can sit, guilt free, and just t h i n k . I want to find my brain again. I want to research. I want to picket our ridiculous government that now runs....tobacco???? It's bad for people, so it needs the oh-so-wise government to step in and....make it healthier??? Barbie is bad for little girls' self-image. Perhaps they should run mattel, too.

I think perhaps I should stop getting sidetracked and start fixing supper. Then play practice. Then laundry. Then....maybe then I start wrapping something up before I start ranting.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I am TRYING to crochet two baby blankets right now. the babies are due in august. I need to get a move on!!!

Crochet gets easier the more ya do it ;)

Your canoe trip sounds so NICE and RELAXING! *sigh*

I always have awesome blog ideas at 3am, and unless I haul my rear outa bed and do them right then, they disappear. LOL

Jenni said...

Sounds like my summer so far. I mean, different activities, but same sort of thing. Summer wears me out. What happened to lazy summer days in the hammock, sitting on the porch at dusk, and catching fireflies?
But in a jar put up by Felicity,
The summer which maybe never was
Has been captured and preserved.
And when we unscrew the lid
And slice off a piece
And let it linger on our tongue:
Unicorns become possible again.

Jenn said...

That is almost beautiful, Jenni. When you got to 'unscrewing the lid', I automatically had fireflies in a jar in my head....then it suggested letting it linger on our tongue and EWWWW! I've tasted fireflies and they aren't nice.

wedogmomma said...

LOl! on the comments...
and I hear ya on wrapping up school/planning for next year!
We had two days left that I just LET GO....because I realized that I had to wrap my head around NEXT year before our big USED curriculumn sale.....
anything for a bargain.
but yes....brain rest is sorely lacking over here as well!
wrap it up momma, wrap it up :)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

I love your blather Jenn. Knowing that, every stitch is a stitch of LOVE always cracks me up!!! (inside family joke here)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...