Friday, August 9

Day #5 Organizing with Workboxes

My family began using Sue Gregg's Workbox system several years ago. It has been a fun way to organize and stay on track with our studies. This system has been very well described by Schooling in the Sun throughout this week's Blog Hop. Be sure to read all about it and then hop back over here for the Workbox Freebies I have for you!

Workboxes help me to purposefully look at each item we are using. I'm directly involved with even the independent studies as I fill the boxes each night. Workboxes help my kids see how well they are progressing through their day. They can watch their progress and know that the end is in sight. They are also filled with anticipation. Sometimes those boxes are filled with brownie mixes or puzzles or a new book to read.

I like to keep things fresh with different designs for our cards. I print them in on photo paper or cardstock and then cut them out individually before running them through my laminator. I attach velcro dots to the back of the cards, velcro to the drawers (we use drawers instead of boxes,) and velcro to their Card Chart. I sit down on Friday nights and fill out my Lesson Plan List of what I'll be putting in their boxes for the next week.

All of my graphics are from the incredibly talented Kay of Kay Miller Designs. Be sure to check out her fabulous digital products! With such cute stuff, it's fun whipping up a new set of Workbox Cards. Be sure to let me know if there is a style you would like to see, so I can add it to my project list.

When printing, you might want to consider choosing No Border in your advanced printing options. Some of my images cut awfully close to the edges and this will prevent it cutting off the edge of your page.

I've listed all of the freebie links below. Just click on the images to open them in Google Drive. I would love to hear how they work for you. I also love to see how other families incorporate workboxes into their school day. If you share about them on your blog, please be sure to leave a link in the comment section.
Sideways, blogger? Really?
HappyFrame Number Cards








Hobbes Number Cards


SaF Circle Number Cards
Confetti Number Cards
Organic Scallop Number Cards
Chart for finished cards, 2 pages
Preschool Cards & Chart
Lesson Plan (2 pgs: whole and half sheets)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...