Sunday, July 30

Back to life

Lend an Ear. I'd nearly forgotten about this gem of a song! It can be as deep or as...not deep as you'd like it to be. Ooh! Ooh! The album cover just triggered a memory of hair extensions whipping around and I had to do a search for a video. Found it! Lend an Eye. Oh, that just made my day. Memories, memories.

Wait, what was the point of that title? I had a point, I think. Oh, yeah! Long lost friend from the post below said something deep was worth sharing.

All of us have a calling. No matter who you are, you have a calling. Look at people called to music and you'll see that they are dedicated to their craft. They will practice and study for hours on end. What is your calling? What are you dedicated to your calling? Is your calling where you are pouring your energy? If you are a wife and a mom, regardless of what other talents you might have...this is your calling. Your role as wife and mom comes first. It deserves the bulk of your focus and energy. You may have other gifts and talents, but your role as wife and mom is your most important responsibility. It's also the most rewarding. You signed up for the job, see it through.

I'll be chewing on that one for a little while. It seems so simple. Enough with the distractions- Focus! Practical application? I need to examine ways that I can become better at my "craft"? I need to identify and eliminate distractions. FIRST I need to put my energy into encouraging my husband and loving my children. THEN I need to put energy into cleaning the house and teaching. I get those two out of order way too often. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...