Thursday, July 20

Do you have the courage and fortitude to follow orders and stay true in the face of danger and almost certain death?

Okay, it wasn't that bad....but let me tell you about my day yesterday.

I woke up with a stiff neck. No idea why - it just hurt. Something about a stiff neck just puts you in a bad mood, ya know? Chris took Joel fishing, so we took a break from school and I attempted to deep clean the house. HaHaHaHaHa!!!!! The girls had other ideas.

I fought with Honor for over half an hour trying to get her to pick up her markers. She wasn't defiant about it, just....clueless. It was strange and maddening. I succeeded in cleaning the kitchen only.

Then, Chris came home with Joel and fish. And my darling cooked supper for me. He cooked fish. In my kitchen. My clean kitchen. My only redeemable part of the day. Unredeemed. Then we remembered that Chris was supposed to sub-teach for the youth and had to scurry to get ready for church. I thought I might improve my mood if I could relax my neck in the tub for just a few minutes. And it helped....until my hair got mangled up by the whirlpool jets. I spent my whole bath vigorously rubbing conditioner into a huge rat's nest sticking out the side of my head. By the time I got out, Chris was saying "Bye!" and I was left on my lonesome to get myself and two little girls dressed. We did it and made it to church on time (gasp!) There were no youth at class (away with the youth pastors on a trip) so we sat in on the adult class where I fell asleep (oops.) We finished off by going to McDonald's for ice cream (in exchange for my $35 copay, our doctor at least gives free McDonald's coupons) and Dr. Pepper. It's amazing what a trip to McDonalds can do for your day. What a good husband I've got.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha. The last time I used that line was when I was giving a pep talk before we cleaned the girls' bathroom.

When I was pregnant with Leo, the hair dryer sucked my hair in through the back, got stuck and caught fire.

Jenn said...

Oh, Andie, That is too funny! I've gotten a little singe now and then, but never caught anything on fire.

Hilarious about the bathroom. I'm gonna have to use that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...