Sunday, November 12

It's beginning to look a lot like......









THANKSGIVING!

It's beginning to look a lot like Thanksgiving, people!

What is with the rush to get one of our best holidays over with? I could drag this through conspiracy theories hinting that there isn't a big consumer market for Thanksgiving, but I'm not going there. I am talking about us, the average citizens...and the impatient citizens that are not only hanging up their Christmas lights (which I can see doing for weather's sake) but TURNING THEM ON!!!!!! And not pretty lights - half flashing, half not. Half blue, half white. Half straight, half arched. PICK A THEME!

Sorry. It irritated me.

And I have to confess: I have already purchased most of my Christmas presents. But it was my favorite store's Christmas open house and they were handing out fudge and cider and I couldn't resist. I'm back in Thanksgiving mode now and ready to smack anyone else I catch decorating their yard for Christmas.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh so true. I too have most presents purchased, wrapped,(no bows), and STORED!!! On the way to P.M. services last night, we saw a home decorated and glowing, not very tasteful I might add. Please let us give thanks before we torch our homes. Have a Happy Thanksgivings everyone.

Jenn said...

"torch our homes" LOL! I love it.

Thank you, Jessica - they were handsome weren't they? I couldn't believe Joel got on stage and said something out loud! He usually freezes like a deer in headlights.

Jennie C. said...

Christmas carols today at Walmart! Aaaaaaaah!

Brina said...

I was walking Zoe tonight about 1 a.m (after I got home from the ballgame in Lamar) and they still had those atrocious lights on. Ewww~

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOU!

I'm well-known for my threats against the loonies with early decorations. A few restraining orders have kept me quieter lately, but I'm with you in spirit.

It's a good thing we don't live closer. We'd probably be out nights "redecorating" yards. *g*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...