Tuesday, February 27

My imaginary friends

< *strange edit* I've been able to see the pictures on this post every time I log on, but suddenly tonight they're gone. ???? Being a stay-home, homeschooling mama, I don't get out much. I get excited just to go grocery shopping alone. It's like a spa-moment. I do have real-life friends though, honest.
See?
Don't they look so excited to be my friends?
Can you imagine the things they are saying behind those gritted-teeth smiles?

There. That's better.
Not the least bit of sarcasm in those smiles, eh?
"You brought a camera into schlotsky's?"
"Does this have something to do with blogging?"
"What is the point in blogging, again?"
"I just don't get it."
But they love me anyway.

Over the last few years I've developed some online friends whom dh and I affectionately refer to as my imaginary friends. I don't talk about them to my real-life friends because I'm afraid they'll tease. But they're real friends nonetheless and I'd like to take a moment to gab about them.

My first online buddy is known as Deb in Tx, but I call her Pixie. Doesn't she look like Tinkerbell?
Deb loaned me a very expensive book-on-cd years ago when she read that I was going on a long road trip with 3 small kids. I was a total stranger to her and she loaned me books. I was a nervous wreck about potentially scratching them, but we really enjoyed them and became addicted to Hank the Cowdog and Story of the World thanks to her. Come to find out, we had 3 kids the exact same ages, but with reciprocal genders. And her kids have cool names. We've stayed in touch and she's just a really neat lady. Deb is pregnant again....isn't she just the cutest pregnant lady? This gal homeschools kids, raises chickens, KILLS DEADLY SNAKES, gardens, burns things, examines mushrooms, is a graphic artist, and does two things I'm really striving toward: she has fun and she keeps learning. This gal is smart. And fun. People as smart as Deb are supposed to be boring. Did I mention that she kills snakes?!?

Next up is Caralyn. Caralyn is the knock-out on the left. Her sis is on the right. Aren't they both just so hot? I met Caralyn while pregnant with my #4. She was also pregnant with her #4 and we commiserated. She's my hip Canadian friend.
Caralyn is a fellow "Growing Kids God's Way" mom. It's been 7 years since I went through that parenting class, but I gleaned so much great stuff from it. Caralyn looks 17. She is fully able to dress like a 17 year old and make it look good, too. Seriously, 17 year olds would be jealous. She's got an awesome sense of humor and a great heart for God. She's a tell-it-how-it-is kind of gal and it's always refreshing to talk to her.



Next up is Andie, who I met through blogging. She's a great mom and a lot of fun. She's a very strong lady, but I have the feeling she'd argue with me. She'd lose. She really is that great. This is her in the midst of cake baking...that is NOT a growth on her nose, it's chocolate! Andie is hilarious and wonderful. Andie has been seeking for the same answers I've been looking for this past year, also while chasing a toddler and a preschooler. She is a great encourager and I'm blessed to know her.


Then there's sweet Jennie. I have no idea what she looks like, but she's got gorgeous kids so she must be easy on the eyes. Wait! I've got a picture.
Jennie is wonder-mom. She is the Martha Stewart of homeschool moms. She is about to pop with baby #6. She is a military wife who is facing the deployment of her husband very bravely. Every time I read her blog, I am gently reminded of all that really matters in my home.

Last, but not least, is Jen. I met Jen through Caralyn. She is the most creative lady. Wow - she keeps busy! She is hip and awesome. It's always inspiring to stop by her blog. She loves the Lord and she loves her family. She's full of Godly wisdom and is able to delivery it with such love and grace! She is humble and sweet and blushing right now as she reads this. Sweet humility with a really cool bag to match....that's Jen.

Wait - I just found a picture of Caralyn by herself. This time she's curly:Don't I have some gorgeous friends???

The internet can be the biggest time-sucker available, but there are some good things to be found here. Christy and Jenni are some new friends who are blogging as well. I just realized a few weeks ago (groundhog day) that I have been blogging for over a year now. Thanks y'all for your friendship this past year!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Hey! They really are imaginary! All I see are boxes with red Xes. *I'm* real, though. Thanks for the mention. It's nice to be considered your friend (real or imaginary):o)

Jennie C. said...

Aww. If only you knew me in real life. You'd not think quite so highly of me, I'm sure, but I love you, too. :-)

Christy said...

I feel honored you consider me a friend :) I love reading your blog, it is so strange to feel like you know someone when you really only have little snapshots of their life! But I do feel like I know you :)
Did that make any sense LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh, you are TOO much! ;)

I refer to my online pals as my invisible friends. ("Really, Jarrod...they're not 'imaginary'...they're just 'invisible'!" And you're one of the best invisible pals ever!

Your fridge looks great, btw. :)

Deb

Anonymous said...

You're a goof. The only thing you got right about me is that I'm a kinda of tell-it-like-it-is kind of gal. I DON'T look 17, although the picture of my sister and I makes my face look like I have peaches and cream kind of skin. I don't. It's got zits and large pores and wrinkles. My sister's a photographer and she says the best angle to take a picture is if you've got the camera higher than the face...see how the camera is high and we're lower? Voila! A nice picture.

And I'm 20 lbs overweight and CANNOT wear nice clothes.

Just for the record!

Love ya,
Caralyn

Jennifer in MS said...

Hey Jenn!! Somehow, I missed this post! I guess I didn't get past the bathroom post in all the excitement!
You're too sweet! I'm honored to be considered your friend! I've enjoyed knowing you and gosh, it seems like you've had a blog longer than a year!
Wow, I had forgotten what Caralyn looked like....what a cutie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...