Friday, October 24

Snot

I haven't done any truly personal posts in a while. Very lazy of me. This week isn't the week to start back up though. We're all feeling crummy with a cold that lingers, apparently, for weeks. We're achy and sniffly. We're tired and whiny. Lots of hot baths and hot tea going on. Anyone have other remedies you could share? I like to soak in a bathtub full of hot water and 1-2 cups of Epsom salts....it supposedly helps detox the body. I leave the hot water dribbling so that the tub gets hotter and hotter instead of cooler and cooler. I do that until I'm sweating and can't take it anymore then turn it off, read a book, and soak until I'm a prune. But I can only do that once a day and I'm sick all day, not just at night. If my skin could stand it, I'd just move into the bathtub until this bug leaves.

We aren't running fevers and we aren't hacking up lungs. We're just miserable enough to be miserable but not miserable enough to call it quits and recuperate. Lots of errands to run and deadlines to meet. All done begrudgingly.

Another symptom is hunger. My children act like they're starving! Didn't they used to say something like feed a cold/starve a fever? Or was it the other way around? But I don't feel like cooking. Canned soup goes on sale tomorrow and I'm stocking up on the MSG-laden Campbells to get through the next week.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

I hope you all feel better soon! I'll be praying for you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...