Monday, December 15

Sunday

Yesterday, I woke up to breakfast in bed. Cold raisin bread toast, gone clammy with butter. The boys had made the toast and then decided to make me a homemade gift. It was so sweet. Ethan had spent all of his money, working a lot of extra chores, on a present for Joel. He had also wanted to buy me an oil burner. Since he was out of cash, he rigged me a homemade oil burner by duct taping legs (shaped from aluminum foil) to a small metal dish I had. I'm to put a tea light candle under the dish and burn oil in it. Sweet thought. After church, we had family over for a birthday lunch.

This is Joel, a happy nine year old.
Good thing, because I've been slipping up and calling him nine for about 6 months now.

This is Sarah with a mouthful of cake:
Yes, another sweet grandma bought Joel a cake. It was our first store-bought cake. It had batman on top and Joel was thrilled. Joel found my cake pan that afternoon and I promised to make the cake at some point and invite friends over. It will be a 'some point' very far away.

This is me with curled hair for the play we're about to run off to.
Yes, I gained 5 lbs in the last 2 weeks. Wanna make something of it?

This is a Grandpa who looks downright devilish, doesn't he?


I'm sure it's just an act.

This is Chris in the Christmas play.
He is reminiscing about a Christmas when he was 10 years old.

This is Ethan, playing the part of a 10 year old Chris.
He did well.

This is me, playing the part of Chris' annoying Aunt Flora.
The shots are fuzzy, but can you see the hair?

I tried to do black and white so you could see it better.

Here is Sarah, falling asleep playing the part of a visiting caroler.

Here is Joel, an adorable king in the nativity scene.

And then there's Honor, playing Chris' daughter after I've aged 20 years.
She kept her dress up over her head half of the time. I wish you could see the gorgeous double knit to those pants. And the shoes! I'm wearing the most awesome orthopedic granny shoes.

It was fun.

I'm glad it's over.


Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Michael McMullen said...

I totally want a Batman cake for my birthday.

Jessica said...

argh! i typed a good comment and then it just went away!

anyway, to sum up: loved the granny shoes and the polyester pants. thanks for saying i look cute right now--cause i'm soooo not feeling like i am! and along the lines of geography, i use this site in my class to quiz:

http://www.sheppardsoftware.com/states_experiment_drag-drop_Intermed_State15s_500.html

i also use the geography section on freerice.com.

Shanna said...

How fun...You ALL look adorable!

Michael McMullen said...

Oh, and 'happy birthday, dude!' by the way. And what the others said about the adorableness...same for me. Just dude it up and imagine a zippy ending.

Sorry, it's been a long day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...